Are you interested in trying out for the team? Attend an info session on 9/13 and 9/15 @ lunch in Rm 1703 or on 9/14 after school in Rm 1703 for tryout logistics. We will also be regularly updating this website with details.
Tryouts Schedule (rooms subject to change):
- Determine which events you like and want to try out for.
- View the event slate here! (Division C)
- We recommend tryout out for 3-5 events.
- Engineering events (Bridge, Wright Stuff, Gravity Vehicle, Ping Pong Parachute, and Trajectory) will have a separate engineering tryout test + interview.
- Rules for 2022-2023 events.
- Tryout resources for prospective team members to help prepare for tryouts can be found in this folder, and includes:
- Event Descriptions: short introductions to each event put together by the SciOly team
- Event Rules: rules for each specific event
- Tryout schedule: testing blocks for each day
- Prospective members (new and old) must fill out the New Member Form before Friday, September 23, 2022, in which you will provide some of your academic background as well as your list of tryout events.
- Our tryouts this year will be conducted in-person in two different formats.
- Study Event Tests: [Room 1703] (e.g Anatomy, Dynamic Planet): You will have 30 minutes to complete a tryout test based on the event rules linked above.
- Engineering Tests: [Room 1703] (e.g Bridges, Gravity Vehicle): You will have 30 minutes to complete a written test on rules. There will also be a 10-minute interview, but no preparation for that is necessary.
- A double-sided 3”x5” notecard WILL BE allowed.
- Tryouts Process Details (linked here):
- Tests will begin exactly when the tryout period starts.
- Please join at least 5 minutes before the start time. We will not wait.
- Prospective members should have a writing utensil and notecard (if permitted) on hand before the test begins. When time is up, a proctor will come around and collect tests and notecards. Please maintain academic integrity and do not talk about tryout tests with other people, regardless of whether or not they have taken the test yet.
- You will be allowed a 3″x5″ notecard to use during some tests– please see below for notecard regulations for each specific event. If your notecard does not follow these guidelines, you will not be allowed to use it!
Good luck studying! As always, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and concerns! Team Selection information will be emailed out post tryouts.
Last updated: September 26, 2022